Thursday, May 5, 2016

COOKIE AND KEYBOARD

Yesterday your Mama's laptop computer got messed up. Someone short, who didn't know any better, poured sweet tea in it. Sad and messy, and probably expensive. I brought you to my house while your Mama took her computer apart and tried to dry it out but by the time I got there with the computer-sized Philips screwdriver it was simply too late. In the meantime you had a chance to practice your songs on my piano, which is really your piano since you like to play it more than I do....
You do NOT like to play 4 hands literature or improvisation, even if it is one of your favorite tunes like the famous, fabulous ABC song. Also known as Baa, Baa Black Sheep and Twinkle, Twinkle. I was pretty sure you were tired and needed a nap before swimming so I put you in the stroller, leashed Sophie to your tray and took off. In less than four blocks you were sound asleep and stayed asleep even while we took your Mama's laptop to the Somali Mall for a repair estimate. Then time to wake up for swimming my little mermaid! You were fearless, as usual, but you do have definite ideas about what kinds of things you want to do in the pool. I also saw some of the boys smiling at you and talking with their eyes, making eye contact, etc. Is this a shadow of what is to be? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!