Wednesday, April 22, 2015

STROLLER

Your stroller was waiting for you at my house for almost a whole week! I added some outfits and your Daddy's jacket. He wore it when it was snowing very unexpectedly, then by the time he left, it was warm and beautiful again. He didn't need it and forgot he wore it. I liked having your stroller in the house as it reminded me of how much I love seeing you. Today was an ASL practice day. Your Mommy brought a DVD and book to help me with learning some new signs, but my memory for so many signs all at once is not reliable. I read somewhere that we can only remember 4 things without a written list. I will write them down and drill them so next time we meet for practice I can remember a few more than I did today. I am totally distracted during the practice sessions by your smile and talking. I just want to play with you, sing to you and show you things. There are so many books I want to read to you, and places I want to take you. I am hoping you can come to Lake Maria with me on Monday.

This is the cabin I have rented. We must hike across the little bridge to get to the front door and we have to build a wood fire to keep warm while we are there. This was taken Fall 2014, before you were born. I was there with the dogs but dogs are not allowed in the cabins so we simply slept in the tent on another sight. The park was quite deserted. I think we were the only ones staying there so we walked everywhere, exploring every camp site.

I love the little bridge we cross to get to the cabin. It reminds me of Goldilocks and the three bears, only there are 6 bunk beds inside and no kitchen. Porridge is cooked outside on a little camp stove or the fire pit. There are very old trees in this park and that is the attraction for me as I am a "tree hugger" or "conservationist" in more flattering terms. I just can't see cutting down trees for the sake of cutting them down. I definitely want us to save some of them as long as possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!